With the mission of enhancing software development technology which is necessary for Toshiba global business development, in TSDV, "Quality first" is always required in every TSDV member's mindset. We establish and maintain a Process Architecture based on CMMI model with Quality Assurance framework as below:
TSDV Process Architecture includes four categories support for different level-activities:
- Engineering: Show how to construct software system
- Project Management: Show how to manage software project
- Quality Assurance: Show how to assure the quality of the software developed
- Process Management: Show how to improve the ability of organization process
TSDV maintains following dedicated organizational functions for quality control & assurance:
- SEPG (Software Engineering Process Group): Define organizational engineering processes (OSSP); Continuous process improvement; Conduct process training
- SQAG (Software Quality Assurance Group): Monitor process implementation & audit process compliances; Consult process implementation
- V&V (Software Verification & Validation Group): Product verification: assure products created rightly by product reviewing activities; Product validation: assure right products created by testing activities.
Organization process supports different software development life-cycles: V-shape, Incremental, Prototyping, and Agile. However, with characteristics of Japanese company and high request on Quality assurance, V-shape is dominated among software development projects at the moment.
To assure that organization process is always updated with new trend, and best practices in the world, TSDV organization process is being audited once per three years basis follow CMMI updated model. Latest audit was finished on June/2020 with certification for CMMI V2.0 ML3 achieved.